Obtaining ephemeris for planetary moons:
Note that since we recommend having only one SPICE file for any given body, it may be necessary to use the SPICE utilities toolkit located at http://naif.jpl.nasa.gov/naif/toolkit.html to add or remove bodies from a given file.
- Navigate to http://naif.jpl.nasa.gov/naif/.
- Using the navigation bar on the left, select Data.
- Click the link to Generic Kernels.
- Click the Generic Kernels link again.
- From the ftp folder view, select the 'spk' folder.
- Select the 'satellites' folder.
- This folder contains many '*.bsp' files which are compatible with STK. To determine the contents of each file, look in the 'aa_summaries.txt' file located at the top of the folder.
- For details on how to load these files into STK, follow the instructions in FAQ 10789: How do I create central bodies using SPICE files?